Thursday, May 14, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week- Day 4

HAPPY THURSDAY! #FAVORITEDAYOFTHEWEEK

Alrighty...So today I'm gonna talk about something that is kind-of hard for me: CHANGE...


This is a really broad topic and I think I'm gonna go with some things that I feel NEED to be changed within my diabetes life. 

I would say that the number one change that I have struggled with in my life is my weight. Ugh, I can't explain the burden it has been on me for so long. I would do really good, lose some weight, then gain some back, I wouldn't care for a while, and then start caring again. I don't know if its just me, but I am the worst procrastinator in the entire world! I'll set these stupid deadlines(or start-lines) for myself and they would never happen...Like, "oh, I'll start eating right on MONDAY" or, "I'll exercise in little bit". Pointless because they would never happen. The urge to do something is there most of the time, but laziness usually gets in the way. I think that until you've been overweight, there s no way you can understand the thoughts and feelings that the person is going through. Diabetes isn't an excuse to not lose weight, but I need to stop using it as one. 

Another change I feel I need to make is consistency within my management. I feel as though sometimes I'll check my blood sugar 10-12 times and be correcting every little high one. Then I'll feel such an amazing sense of pride lie oh, today I was a good diabetic{What is a good diabetic? who sets these standards of, oh you're such a bad person because you screwed up once?}. Other days I'll maybe check my blood sugar twice{!!!}, and I'll feel like the most horrible person in the world. I think what I need to realize is that I am by no means perfect, and I need to do my best to take care of myself and that's all I can do. 

So overall, I think my issue is realizing that I am the only one who can change for myself. Not my endo, not my mom, not anybody, but me. I need to change. For myself, for God, for the better. 


HAVE AN AMAZING THURSDAY EVENING!! MAKE YOUR FRIDAY AMAZING!!!

SHOUTOUT OF THE DAY GOES TO:::
Marissa, my awesome diabetic buddy who's always there to understand every symptom I have, and to talk all my "beetus" issues with:) Love you girl, thanks for putting a smile on my face.





No comments:

Post a Comment