Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week- Day 3

Hello Everyone!!

Today is already Wednesday and wow, has this week flown by already!!! Tomorrow is already my favorite day of the week...THURSDAY!

OKAY so today's topic is called "Clean It Out"...
-I'm supposed to tell you some things mentally/physically that I feel I need to "clean out", diabetes wise that is.

So as far as my diabetes supplies, I try to keep it pretty organized, as I like my stuff organized(my room)...Here's a pic of how I keep my stuff:

So the top shelf is for my perfumes, but the bottom two are my supplies. I like to take most of my sites(for my insulin pump) and put them in that green basket. The extra site and reservoir boxes go on the right of that. the middle shelf is for alcohol swabs, IV prep, reservoirs(unpacked), lancets, test strips, and cases/mini purse thingys


Speaking of test strips, those are definitely my physical thing that needs to be cleaned out!!! THEY ARE LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. I think every diabetic can attest to this!! I mean, even if you are super organized and neat, they still get everywhere! Its disgusting. and super annoying. I've had people call from sleepovers and say they found them and if I need them...There always in the bottom of my purse/backpack. All over my room and house!!!!!! And I'm pretty sure I've seen them on the school floor from when I was previously in a spot..ugh, its a serious problem..

Okay, so for mental stuff, I would have to say that the one thing I need to clean out of my "brain closet" is worry. I don't worry all the time(obviously), but when I do it can get really bad. And it usually ends with me crying and breaking down in my mom's shoulder.  Its not like I focus on that stuff but sometimes I just drift off in thought, like complications is a big worry. Kidney failure, Blindness, loss of limbs, arthritis,trouble HAVING KIDS, those are all things that could happen. Could. Doesn't mean they are going to, but they could. I need to realize that God is in control, and I'm not. I've gotta leave it up to him and stop focusing on the future, but on the now. What can I do now that will prevent those things from happening. the only thing I can do is try my best to take care of me and my disease and leave the rest up to him. :) So if you find yourself daydreaming or feeling bad about the future, just take a moment. Then leave that place in the future and come back to right here, right now and stay focused on the task at hand. Take it second by second, minute by minute, step by step.

Have a wonderful blessed night!!!!!

~Simply Sears.

SHOUT-OUT OF THE DAY:

goes to..JESSICA!! thanks for being an awesome friend and an amazing human being! You make me laugh when we work on bio and espanol together:)



No comments:

Post a Comment