Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week- Day 2

HIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that tomorrow is already Wednesday and only have like sixteen days or so until the last day of school!!! I am so ready to be done...

Okay, well today's topic is called, "keep it to yourself"...

Having diabetes affects almost every area of your life and everything you do. I know some people do tend to keep their diabetes to themselves, and hey I think that's totally fine. I know it can be really weird with some of the reactions you get, some of the looks, and all of those darn repetitive questions! It's like I know people don't understand and everything but really? No, diabetes was not caused by eating too much sugar!! Oh, AND THE WORST is when someone just comes out and acts like they just spent eight years in the study of endocrinology and suddenly became my doctor...enough with my ranting, the point is, I totally understand if you decide to keep your diabetes to yourself:)

Now me, on the other hand, I really can't keep anything inside. I feel like I need to tell people all about my life, I enjoy being different among a crowd and I really feel like diabetes is what makes me different and unique. Whenever get asked one of those icebreaker questions like, "What makes you different?", I usually always put Type 1 Diabetes. 

But...there are some things that really no one knows. Some things know one can truly know, unless you're feeling the same things I am. Whenever I'm really low in public with my family, I hate it when my family makes a big deal about it. Like when my mom rushes the drink order so I can get my coke to bring my BG out. I know I should in no way be angry or embarrassed by this, but I am. I'm not sure why, I just don't like that waiter/ress knowin' my business. 

Another thing is when I'm in gym class I try to keep a smile on my face even when I'm really high/low, because I don't want to have to sit out. But there is always those is one times when it's just too much and I do have to take a moment to sit down. Like today, before gym my BG was 354 before gym and felt so nauseous and had a huge headache. I told Amanda(One of my best friends) and of course she was totally fine. I don't know, its just the fact of having to sit out and not being able to do what I want I guess. 

The last scenario I don't like people knowing I have diabetes is when you have that SUPER EXTREMELY NOSY waitress(it's usually always a waitress). This one requires a story..It was a couple years ago, my family and I were out for a nice dinner at Chilis and this really snoopy waitress was eavesdropping on my mom and I's conversation about how I was high and I shouldn't have a milkshake. Well, when we were finishing she startwed talking and was like, "Yeah, you really shouldn't have that sweety(*pet peeve*)". Like what??? Who do you think you are entering your nose into my business? so annoying!!!!

So there's are some times/reasons I sometimes like to keep my diabetes to myself. Thank-you for reading and have a blessed night!!!

~Simply Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment