Monday, May 11, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week-Day 1

Hello Everyone!!! I hope you're weekend was amazing, I know mine was! I was super busy and kind-of just took the weekend to chill-out with my family and stuff :) 

To all of the mothers out there: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! Thank-you for everything you do and I really don't think I could live with-out my mom<333

well then, now that we got that out of the way...

Today's Topic: "I Can"...

Okay, so first off I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in August of 2007, when I was seven years old. It was one of the scariest days of my life. When you're seven, you really don't want to be told you have to poke your body over 10 times a day:)

Living life with type 1 is difficult, its not easy, and its hard work 24/7. The absolutely only way you can get through it is by having a positive outlook, by not looking at the big picture, just taking it day-by-day. You cannot think about the fact that until a cure is found, you will have to fight everyday to stay alive. You've gotta think about how diabetes has benefited you. Yes, I know that may be hard to think about what in the world diabetes has done for you except kept you up late in the night, made you fell like you have no control of you're emotions{I know when I'm high...YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH ME OR SO HELP ME}and poke you're fingers until they're callused over, but you can do it. I know for me it's the opportunities I have had to encourage other people. I've been able to inspire so many people with my story, just sharing how I try to stay positive with everyday. I know that my personality has changed so much since I've had diabetes{except for when I'm high or really low}. Its made me more caring and compassionate towards people. I can relate with people who are going through similar situations.

 People always ask me, "How do you stay so positive?" I try to always answer that it is only through my savior Jesus Christ. And it really is. I can tell you that personally, every time I've been down, had a really bad day, felt absolutely horrible, or any time really, I run to my faith to lift me up and I can pray and talk to Jesus and I know that he cares.  Another thing that really helps me is listening to music. You can ask my parents, I ALWAYS have my ear-buds in, in the car, at home, everywhere. It just helps me relax and calm down, and to focus on what's really important. 

Another thing that helps me stay positive is surrounding myself with good, kind, caring people and also keeping a smile on your face. Putting a smile on your face can make almost any situation or circumstance better. Whether its a really bad blood sugar{I'm 465 right now btw} or a site/shot going in wrong, smiling and just leaving it to God really helps. Don't put yourself in places with discouraging people around. Make your friend group one that supports you and is encouraging(I love you squad<3). One that takes the focus of your negative situation and puts it on something funny or positive. 

I consider Diabetes as an absolute blessing in my life. I tell people all the time that if I had not been diagnosed, that I would have not had the connections with people that I have today, or some of the opportunities I'm involved in now. Having a positive outlook on situations really helps when you know those circumstances aren't going to change anytime soon. This disease is not easy and in it self is a full time job, but I know I CAN get through it with the support of friends and family and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thank-you for reading and have an amazing night!!!!!!!! Thank-you to Karen Graffeo for puttin this together and making it possible for diabetics(an non-diabetics) to come together and share experiences with each-other . 

~Simply Sears

*SHOUT-OUT TO SAVANNA BROWN FROM PHS CHOIR <333

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Sarah, and I am so happy that you have found solace in a savior. Believing in something is important, especially during the hard times. I cherish your ability to stay positive. Thank you for writing, and keep up the good work! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the feedback!! so glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. Taking it day by day is such great advice!!

    ReplyDelete